Shape is an award-winning native app development studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are known for building high-quality mobile apps that tackle real problems and push businesses forward.
At Shape, you will work closely with talented designers and developers to build awesome digital products. You will put your existing skills to good use, and learn new ones by working together with other skilled people.
We hope that you also want to share your knowledge with co-workers and assume you are as eager to follow the newest technology trends as the rest of us.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY (6 TO 12 MONTH) CONTRACT, BUT...
We might have room to offer a contract extension or possibly a conversion to permanent employment. So if that's what you are looking for, we can review such option as well.
Because of the nature of the initial contract, however, we would unlikely be able to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE LOOK FOR
• Experience with object-oriented programming (Java).
• Experience dealing with RESTful web services and JSON.
• Knowledge of the Java tech stack, libraries and frameworks (Gradle, Junit).
• Experience with API automation (exposure to RestAssured library ideal).
• Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD Automation pipelines.
• Good understanding of the various types of Software Testing (static, functional, integration, non-functional, E2E, etc.).
ADDITIONAL POINTS IF YOU...
• Are independent, proactive and responsible.
• Have experience defining and implementing test plans and test cases.
• Have an outstanding attention to detail and care deeply about user experience.
• Feel comfortable handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Are passionate about testing, not afraid to challenge the status quo, ask questions and bring in your experience.
• Are willing to learn about topics that you don’t have experience in.
AS OUR QA ENGINEER, YOU WILL...
• Design, build and maintain automated tests for multiple platforms.
• Provide critical feedback to developers and product leads.
• Help development teams with test training and tools.
• Identify opportunities to improve the development process, drive these improvements and evaluate results.
WORKING HOURS AND SPECIFICATIONS
⏱ Full-time, 37.5 hours a week.
🗓 6 to 12 months contract, with possibility of conversion to permanent employment.
📍 This is a Copenhagen-based, on-site position with flexible remote work possibilities.
💬 English proficiency is a must. Danish language skills are not expected.
💎 Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page.
📝 Application via the company career site
🕵🏻 CV screening by a Talent Acquisition representative - within 2-3 days
📋 Additional questions sent to the candidate [1 or 2 non-technical questions may be asked, with an optional video and/or text answers]
👥 1st meeting with a Talent Acquisition representative - usually no later than a week from the application [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
💁 2nd meeting - interview with the QA Team Lead [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
👨👩👧👦 3rd meeting - Team and cultural fit [helpful for both candidate and team to get acquainted before deciding "it's a match"!]
Note: We are ready to fill the spot as soon as a good match is found.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
🏙 Central office
Our office is located in a central area of Copenhagen, Denmark. Easy to access by bike or public transport (metro station: Islands Brygge).
📱 New tech gear
MacBook, the newest mobile phones, and ergonomic working setting? We got you covered.
🍝☕️ Food and drinks
Enjoy a catered lunch, great snacks and drinks with your colleagues, every day. These include plenty of vegetarian, halal, gluten and lactose free options.
🧑🎓 Skill development
We support your skill development with a dedicated education budget to attend seminars and courses.
👯 Social gatherings
Enjoy social gatherings, activities, Friday bars and games together with your colleagues.
⚖️ Work-life balance
Work is not everything. Carve out time for your family, friends, and fun hobbies.
🐥 Family friendly
We cherish families and understand that daily life can be full of unexpected events. We also open our doors to your little ones for Christmas Hygge or LEGO nights.
🏡 Remote work allowed
We are open to remote work as long as it fits in with your team. Working from your home country is also possible when visiting your family and friends.
🌍 Relocation package
Because of the nature of the initial contract, we would unlikely be able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. We will, however, be able to support you with the relocation from another EU country, paying for your trip and (for the first two months) for an apartment in a good location in Copenhagen, Denmark.
WORKING AT SHAPE
⭐️ A competitive salary in accordance with experience and capabilities.
⭐️ We are organized with a very flat hierarchy without unnecessary project managers, but with team leads who also have technical backgrounds.
⭐️ Our office is located in Islands Brygge close to public transportation and the harbor, where both summertime and wintertime swimming is enjoyed.
⭐️ The headquarters offers a modern aesthetic, a comfy lounge area, and plenty of fun activities such as PlayStation tournaments, board game nights, family LEGO days, robot wars, and much more.
⭐️ But also social events, keynotes, morning runs (and swims) and Friday bars - not to forget an unhealthy amount of snacks, beverages, cake.
⭐️ Our team is very international and so far includes people from over 30 different countries. Our company language is English.
⭐️ A couple of times each year we press pause on our daily projects and retrieve to a remote location. We get together for socialising and hacking on side projects - we call this Shape Weekend. It is a lot of fun.
⭐️ Read more about why to choose Shape on our career page.